After many meetings with the Central Falls Police Department and Mayor James Diossa, Police Chief James Mendonca has issued 2 very important policies for the undocumented community. If you are driving without a license, the police cannot arrest you simply for driving without a license. However, you do have to present a form of positive ID that contains your address, for example a consulate ID. A passport does not count. In addition, if they do arrest you, they cannot detain you based on a request from ICE. They can only hand you over to ICE if you have committed a serious crime or if you have a judicial warrant. If you have problems with the police in Central Falls, contact Fuerza Laboral!